The staple food in China, by the Dumpling Bar Sydney
To get a better understanding about the cuisine E-Dragon offer you, here’s what we’ve got to tell you about our staple food back home.
The best dumplings in Sydney aren’t just simply the best, it has taken generations for this recipe to be perfected and it all stems from our homeland back in China. Here are our staple foods:
• Rice: is the staple food just like bread is for westerners and did you know that China is the worlds largest rice producer?
• Noodles: originate from China but also bare with them a wide and interesting history. Did you know that noodles are eaten on birthdays because they represent longevity?
• Vegetables: Is the second fundamental part of the Chinese cuisine after rice. Did you know that Chinese people prefer to eat their vegetables cooked rather than raw?
• Soup: might be as old as the history of cooking, but is considered to be one of the most nutritious and digestible food types. Did you know that it is an ancient tradition to treat a cold or fever with soup?
• Meat, Poultry and Fish: are some types of food that Chinese people consume on a daily basis. Did you know that back in the day, they test a chef’s skill in his or her capability to cook fish?
While China’s history is so diverse and long, these staples have been around for many centuries and will stay for many more to come. Be sure to come to the place where authentic dumplings in Sydney still live for you to try!
The Dumpling Bar in Sydney welcomes the new year with new experiences, so bring your family and friends and try a dish you’ve never had before.